Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Coffee Rd. Chapter 9

     Needless to say I was a wee-bit late getting to the Starbucks on Coffee Road.  Seriously, that's the name of the street.  It's about a five-mile stretch of road that has no less than ten coffee places on it, and it was named this long before the coffee craze swept the nation.  Anyway, I quickly spotted the guys and walked on in.  I had expected the happy couple, who were sitting at the far table by the window, to be irritated with me, but instead I got a slight wave from Anderson to signal me.  They both appeared in eerily good moods.  "Sorry about that, fellas, Um, car trouble. Again."

     Anderson took a sip of his coffee and said, "No problem, I'm billing you for this shit, though.  And that shitty dinner we managed to get down at the coffee shop.  And this pack of smokes I bought on the drive over.  And a hat I'm thinking about buying.  Time is money."

     I couldn't help but let out a little laugh.  "Sure thing, Detective.  Really milkin' this one, eh?"  I looked at his partner.  "How's it goin', Enzite?"  He gave me a little nod.  He had somehow managed to squeeze into an even tighter fitting shirt than before and was still wearing his ridiculous sunglasses.  I added, "You realize its nighttime outside, right, Cory Hart?"  He scowled at me.

Chapter 9
Darkness Once More

No comments:

Post a Comment